You can make a difference.
For nearly 100 years, our members have worked on projects designed to prevent blindness, restore eyesight, and improve eye care for hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Together we have:
- Provided over 15 million eye screenings to children as part of our Sight for Kids program
- Established pediatric eye care centers that have helped more than 120 million children
- Halfed the spread of trachoma in Ethiopia by annually providing 10 million doses of the sight-saving drug azithromycin
- Trained more than 650,000 eye care professionals and built 315 eye hospitals
- Provided nearly 8 million cataract surgeries
- Vaccinated 41 million children in Africa against measles- a leading cause of blindness
- Since 1990, Lions have raised $415 million to help provide vision for all
You can drop off your usable eyewear at Lions-sponsored collection boxes in your community. For specifics contact your local Lions Club.